In a world where sustainability is the buzzword of the day, ForrestBrew Kombucha has embarked on an exciting journey towards eco-consciousness. Join us as we delve into the world of eco-enzymes, exploring what they are, their incredible benefits, and how you can incorporate them into your daily life.
What is Eco-Enzyme?
Eco-enzyme, also known as natural enzyme cleaner, is a powerful and sustainable cleaning solution made from the fermentation of kitchen waste, usually fruit scraps, and tea leaves. This process involves the breakdown of organic matter by beneficial microorganisms like bacteria and yeast. What makes eco-enzymes unique is their eco-friendliness and versatility. They offer a greener alternative to conventional chemical cleaners, reducing our reliance on harmful substances that harm both our health and the environment.
Eco-Enzyme @ ForrestBrew Kombucha
ForrestBrew Kombucha, a brand committed to sustainability, has found a way to intertwine eco-enzymes with their core values. The process of crafting kombucha generates organic waste, such as leftover tea leaves and fruit peels. Instead of discarding these materials, ForrestBrew recognized an opportunity to transform them into something valuable. By fermenting these organic scraps, they produce eco-enzymes, thereby closing the loop and minimizing waste in their production process.
Benefits & Function
1. Cleaning Powerhouse: Eco-enzymes excel as natural cleaners. Their microbial action breaks down organic stains, dirt, and grease effectively, making them excellent for household cleaning tasks. They can be used on various surfaces, including floors, countertops, and even as a laundry detergent booster.
2. Eco-Friendly: One of the standout benefits of eco-enzymes is their minimal environmental impact. Unlike chemical cleaners that release harmful toxins into the environment, eco-enzymes are biodegradable and non-toxic. They pose no harm to aquatic life, soil, or air quality.
3. Cost-Effective: Creating eco-enzymes at home is an economical alternative to purchasing commercial cleaners. Once you've made your batch, it can last for months, saving you money in the long run.
4. Reduction of Food Waste: Using kitchen scraps that would otherwise end up in landfills or compost bins, eco-enzymes contribute to the reduction of food waste, a significant environmental issue.
5. Personal Wellness: By reducing exposure to harmful chemicals found in conventional cleaners, you're also promoting better indoor air quality and reducing the risk of skin allergies or respiratory issues.
How to Use Eco-Enzymes
Creating your eco-enzyme at home is simple, and it's a fantastic way to repurpose kitchen scraps. Here's a basic guide to get you started:
- 1 part fruit scraps (citrus peels work well)
- 3 parts water
- 1 part brown sugar (or other organic materials like molasses)
- A clean, airtight container
- Collect Scraps: Start by collecting fruit peels or other kitchen waste like vegetable scraps. Avoid using materials that are moldy or spoiled.
- Mix Ingredients: In your airtight container, combine the fruit scraps and brown sugar. Add water to the container, leaving some space at the top.
- Stir and Seal: Stir the mixture thoroughly, ensuring that the sugar dissolves. Seal the container tightly.
- Fermentation: Store the container in a cool, dark place for about three months. Remember to release any gas buildup by occasionally loosening the lid.
- Strain and Dilute: After three months, strain the liquid into another container. The liquid is your eco-enzyme concentrate. Dilute it with water (1 part concentrate to 10 parts water) before use.
- Cleaning: Use the diluted eco-enzyme as a household cleaner. It can be used for various cleaning tasks around the home.
Air purification, deodoriser, detergent, dish washing, disinfection, floor cleaner, cleaning of fruits & vegetables, pests repellent, plant fertiliser.
Why we love it
Vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, 100% from nature (plants and fruits), leaves no residue, no artificial colouring or additives, no harsh industrial chemicals, bio-degradable, gentle on skin, reduces wastes via re-cycling.
Consider incorporating eco-enzymes into your life and join us on the path to a cleaner, greener, and more sustainable future.